Thursday, September 13, 2007
Where do you Find all Your Good Stuff !
I am often asked "Wow, where did you get that? I have learned through trial and error what to watch for and what to watch out for!
The first step to finding the good stuff is learning all you can about collectibles and especially about the ones you love to collect! You can find them in estate and antique auctions, estate sales and garage sales and yes, even in the trash!
1. First start in your own home by researching some of the treasures you have been given in the past or inherited. You may be surprized at what you have and the history behind it.
2. Watch the auctions both online and brick and mortar. Don't go to buy and don't get carried away with it but do watch! Ebay auctions I have found to be a little more reasonable than Brick & Mortar! You have more time to study the listings and make rational decisions.
3. Resale shops can be occationally good places to find the good stuff. Some will be better than others, but be very careful.
4. Estate Sales are usually a little high but you can find some good stuff! Again you will have to be careful!
5. Retail Stores Sales! These will often be too high for quick resale but I have found good stuff in retail stores.
5. Garage Sales usually have the best low prices on their good stuff but you have to go early and in all kinds of weather.
6. People do try away good stuff in the trash! Believe it or not. This is a no risk way to learn what is good stuff and what is not.
The bottom line is you can find good stuff in all these places! The secret is knowing what to look for so study and learn all you can about your good stuff!